The headshots we take for people add credibility and professionalism.
Click here to elevate your personal brand
Professional headshots are no longer reserved for those c-suite members. There was a point in time where only chief executives got headshots. If you weren’t, nobody needed to know what your face looked like. The professional branding back then was much different.
With a winning professional photo, you can showcase your professionalism both inside and out. That’s very important in a professional setting where you need to make a good first impression, such as on Linkedin or other social media sites. Here are five more reasons that you need a professional headshot in order to make that great first impression:
1. You want to stand out from the crowd. I am always surprised when I look on LinkedIn and see bad pictures. I’m talking about cropped photos, vacation photos, and things of that nature. That’s how you stand out in a bad way. To stand out in a good way, you need a professional, high-resolution headshot.
2. Stay top-of-mind. People with professional photos on their LinkedIn profile are viewed 14x more often than people without them. I advise my clients to get a few different headshots done, then update their profile with a different picture every few months. When recruiters are out there looking for candidates, it’s important that they think of your first. If you can have your picture help you do that, it can be a huge advantage.
3. Take yourself seriously. If you make the small financial investment of taking professional headshots to look like the professional you are or the professional you want to be, you’re investing in your future. You’ll look like a person that deserves their position. A great headshot shows you off as comfortable and confident.
4. You want to look the part. If you want to be treated like a professional, you’ve got to look like one. There are very few people who can get away with dressing casual and still be successful business people. Mark Zuckerberg is the only one that comes to mind, really. You want to project a professional brand to all of those people out there that might come across your profile.
5. This is your only shot. You aren’t going to be with someone when they have their first impression of you. They will get that from social media. That’s why your picture has to speak for itself. Don’t waste this opportunity by putting out a picture that is anything less than perfectly representative of your brand.
Getting a professional headshot doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. However, you need to do your homework to make sure whoever that you hire to take the picture is going to be able to take the photos that will match up with the professional image you’re trying to project.
Don’t hire a wedding or product photographer to do the job that is best suited for someone who has years of experience taking corporate headshots like myself.
If you have any questions for me or want to learn more about how I can help you look your very best in your headshots, give me a call or send me an email. I would love to hear from you.