Pricing for professional portraits can vary from studio to studio and package to package depending on your needs. Depending on what kind of poses you need or want, how many different poses you need or want, and whether you would like to opt for a package that includes having your hair and make-up done, you could spend a few hundred dollars to over a thousand.
Our Washington DC studio offers five different types of packages. This is a pretty common amount of options for most business portrait studios. Prices in the DC area usually will start around the $290-300 range, and can go up around the $5000-10000 range. Some studios will also offer individual pricing for their top-tier package, so it can vary from client to client.
Let’s take a look at the five packages that we offer our clients. This can give you a good idea of what to expect with different sessions, and the type of pricing you can look for as well. Our packages begin at $299, and they go up to $1,197.
- Social Media/LinkedIn Session – This package is our beginning tier. You would received a 20 minute session at our Capitol Hill studio, which also includes 12-15 shots. This particular session is geared for social media usage, so it is for one person and one background or outfit. The photo resolution will be 500×500, and you will have your choice of a grey or white background.
- Mini Session – This session is still geared for one person and one background or outfit, but you get more studio time, additional background choices, and you have the option of scheduling (in advance) an appointment with our hair and make-up professionals for your shoot. The resolution for the photos in this session and all the remaining sessions will be high-resolution.
- Standard Session – Our most popular package offers you two different looks, more shots, multiple background options, and again, the option of adding on the talents of our professional stylists.
- Branding Session – This package is great for getting creative. You have three looks, more studio time, more shots, and six retouched files. If you are looking for more than just a headshot for your website, blog, or social media page, look into this type of session. These photos can help bring through aspects of your work as well as aspects of you.
- Signature Session – Our highest tier session is really an all-in-one session. You receive more studio time, more retouched files, magazine quality retouching, and the services of our professional stylists are included. The photos from this session can be used for print, social media, profiles, directories, and more.
If you are interested in finding out more about any of our sessions, please contact us. We are happy to help you decide which one may best suit your particular needs, and answer any other questions you may have about getting professional business portraits taken.