Men need to take time and be selective about what to wear for your business portrait session. There are a lot of options to sort through, which is why we’re here to help. Here are a few tips for you to keep in mind when picking out the outfit you want to use for your portrait.
- If you opt for not wearing a jacket, wear a colored shirt. White shirts are great to wear under a jacket, but they typically don’t work so well on their own. Also, try choosing a color that is darker than your skin tone.
- For most mens business portraits, a button-up shirt, a suit jacket, and a tie serve the purpose well. Honestly, it’s the go-to outfit, and sometimes, if it’s not broken, you don’t need to fix it. If you want to add a little something different to this combo, opt for a handkerchief for your jacket pocket or a colored shirt instead of a white one.
- Layering your shirt with a long-sleeved pull-over sweater may be an alternative to wearing a suit jacket depending on your business and the look you want in your photo.
- If wearing a dress shirt with no jacket, do not wear short sleeves. Long sleeves wear better and look better in the photos.
- Bear in mind how your suit looks when you sit if you plan on sitting in your picture. If it looks great standing, but bunches up when you sit, you may want to either re-think your pose, or your suit. You also don’t want to wear something that wrinkles easy, or else it may not look its best by the time you get done with a few different shots or poses.
- Don’t wear a suit that has tight patterns in/on the fabric. These may not come across very well in your picture. Tight patterns can introduce a visual distraction called moire. Pinstripes are okay so long as there is a little room in between the lines.
If you are in need of a business portrait, please contact us. We will gladly discuss all the details involved, answer any questions you may have about the process, and schedule you an appointment if you like. Whatever your business portrait needs, we’re here for you.
[/mp_text] [/mp_span] [/mp_row]
[mp_image id=”6504″ size=”full” link_type=”custom_url” link=”#” target=”false” caption=”false” align=”center”][/mp_span] [/mp_row]
[mp_social_buttons align=”motopress-text-align-center” mp_style_classes=”motopress-buttons-32×32 motopress-buttons-square”][/mp_social_buttons] [/mp_span] [/mp_row]